Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Lawn Mower...

I am the lawn mower in the family.  Chris has other chores.  Unfortunately, mowing our jungle of a lawn is a challenge.  Our back yard is very, VERY thick Bermuda grass that will often stall or kill our lawn mower.  At the end of 2008, we invested in a high quality Craftsman mower in hopes that it would take care of our problem.  It has not made a difference.  At all.  And to make matters worse, I suck at "lawn mower maintenance" and usually we have to take our mower to the shop to be fixed at least once a summer.  So this year, we made the big decision to buy a used riding lawn mower!!!  Unfortunately, our gate isn't large enough to get the dang thing through the fence and into the back yard!  Can you believe that?!

So, after Ledger's birthday party on Saturday, my Dad gave me a quick lesson on the mower and then we actually took down a panel of our fence to get the darned machine into the back yard.  Yay!  Here's a few pictures of BoomPa taking Ledger on a spin around the block on the new riding mower.  I remember riding the lawn mower like this with my Dad when I was a kid.  It was pretty cool to watch him drive Ledger around.



1 comment: