Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Little Cowboy

For the last few weeks, Ledger has been obsessed with guns.  I wonder why? (See last post...)  Until recently, we have tried to avoid guns to discourage the shooting games that little boys always seem to play.  What a joke!  My sister, Brandy, always warned me that boys would make guns out of everything and she was right.  He pretends that any toy is a gun or builds a gun out of his Legos.  So now we're past fighting it and just going with it.  We bought him a set of "cowboy guns" at Walmart and he thinks they're pretty fantastic.  So here are some photos of my favorite little cowboy.




In other Ledger news, he continues to amaze me on a regular basis.  He's such a little sponge!  When we are in the car, he's constantly pointing out places we've been and narrating our trip for us:

  • "There's Dr. Travis' office.  He looks at your eyes." (Our optometrist, who he has seen once.)
  • "Is that the ice cream place where no one was working?" (I told him once we couldn't get ice cream because it was closed)
  • "That's the football place where the Coytoes play." (I guess his dad told him that at the KWU football field?)
  • This week we pulled into Menards and Ledger looked at the sign and said: "That says Menards.  It starts with 'M'."
I could probably come up with a hundred other examples, but those are the most recent ones.  He's becoming such a big boy so fast.  We are very proud of him and can't wait to see what an amazing big brother he becomes.


In pregnancy news, we are into week 34 of this pregnancy and have 6 weeks until my due date.  In case you're wondering why this is being posted at 3:30 in the morning, it's because I have a mild case of head congestion this week combined with a gymnast in my belly that really has made it difficult to get any sleep!  Rhodes continues to be a very active little baby.  He is still making me quite uncomfortable with a lot of pelvic pressure and abdominal tightening -- I assume that is probably only going to get worse over the next 6 weeks.  He is still carrying pretty high and that is causing my stretch marks from Ledger to grow northward -- awesome.  This is the primary reason you haven't seen any pregnancy pics of me online -- I really dislike my stretch marks.  I need the photos to be airbrushed or something. :(   I am finally having to make some concessions to being pregnant -- 1) I had to take off my wedding ring this week because my fingers and hands are swelling.  2) I have been finally forced into wearing pregnancy jeans.  One benefit to a "high" baby is that I have been able to get away with wearing pre-pregnancy jeans tucked below my belly up until 2 weeks ago. (Thanks to Emily for finding me some awesome maternity jeans off of Craigslist in KC)

So far, we have done almost nothing to prepare to bring a baby home. I'm hoping to turn our "junk room" back into a nursery over the next week or two to start getting things in order... but my motivation is definitely faltering.  I should also start dragging out our newborn clothes and washing and preparing it for use.  We did move the nursery dresser back into the nursery this week and Grammie and Papa Michel gave Ledger a replacement dresser for his bedroom.  We are looking on craigslist for another changing table as well since we will definitely have 2 kids in diapers for a while.  Heck, the crib is still in toddler-bed mode from Ledger... so I guess I need to fix that too.  (OK, I have to stop making this list or I will never get back to sleep tonight!)

I have a doctor's appointment this week which should be uneventful.  However, I will schedule an appointment for the beginning of March and expect to get some more information and possibly even make a decision about whether we will be scheduling a c-section or trying for another vaginal birth.  I will definitely keep the family updated.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice, long update. We love to hear about what you guys are doing and of course, what Ledger is up to. We are so anxious to meet Rhodes ~ Ledger will be such a great big brother. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete