Saturday, November 9, 2013

Roller Derby Update: From Newbie to MVP

This weekend was the last bout of the 2013 season.  I started skating with the Salina Sirens in February of 2013 and despite having some experience skating as a teen, I was in a whole new world of aches, pain, and a steep learning curve.  Our November bout was themed "Spanksgiving" and we played against the Capitol City Crushers from Topeka.  We lost, but I am so proud of the way our team played and I'm particularly proud of my own performance -- I left it all on the floor and hit hard.  No mercy!  I was honored when the CCC voted me as the MVP blocker for my team.  I can't believe how much fun Derby has been and I'm so proud of my improvement!!



My reward for MVP?  A bubble bath to wind down -- still have the kinesiotape on my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment