At 6 months, Locke:
- Weighed in at his 19 pounds 3 ounces. His height, weight, and head circumference put him right at the 50th percentile for his age. I find that pretty amazing since he seems huge to me.
- Is wearing mostly 9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. We may be upgrading to size four diapers soon as he continues to blow out of his diapers (and ruin his clothes) almost daily.
- Has continued to do great with Grandma Jamie at child care. Now that we've found a nipple that he likes, he takes bottles very well from her. She is quite smitten with him. Can you blame her?
- Is waking up every 2-3 hours through the night to feed. Oh well. Who needs sleep?
- Tried his first food -- banana baby food, but didn't love it.
- Has started developing his own schedule with a good nap in the morning around 10 and another good nap around 1:30. He is typically in bed by 8:30pm. Mommy and Daddy are thrilled to have some adult-only evening times back. :)
- Has been working hard to cut a new tooth. It floats up near the surface and then disappears for a while. The "teething" process has been a difficult one with Locke often suddenly screaming out in pain. He loves to chew on his fists and thin blankets. And anyone else's fingers, if you'll let him.
- Is definitely a self-supported sitter. And when he's on his belly, he will raise himself up onto his hands and knees. He's not crawling yet, but he can certainly creep. Mostly backwards.
- Is trying to wave. If you wave at him, his little hands get going. So cute.
We are so proud of our little red cheeks, fuzz head, chunky monkey baby. Everyone who sees him, immediately loves him. Here are some good pictures of our baby. (Good pics are getting harder and harder to get...)
|At the KSU v. OU game watching the Wildcats win!|
|Looking for that tooth to make it's appearance...|
|Barkley keeping a close eye on baby.|
|Aren't these PJs cute? They have a hat that go with them too...|