- He is smiling all the time now and has laughed a few times in his sleep. We are still anxiously anticipating the first true giggle. I am sure it will come when Daddy is making faces or funny noises at him. :)
- Since his 2-month birthday, we have noticed that Ledger is spending a lot more time awake during the day. He takes short little naps here and there, but with his "on demand" feeding, it has been hard to start a schedule. Next week we are going to try a nap-time and bed-time routine with him and see how it goes.
- Ledger has recently discovered his hands and loves to put them in his mouth. Mommy is trying hard to keep him away from thumb-sucking... but Ledger sure loves to find his thumb! It is funny to watch him try to fit his whole fist in his mouth. It's even funnier when his fist is covered by blanket, so he just sucks on the blanket instead!
- This week, Ledger has officially discovered his voice and really loves to use it for his own entertainment. He makes very loud cooing and chirping noises. Our neighbors probably think we've bought a parrot! :) We love his little noises and add to the cacophony by echoing him every time he makes a funny sound.
- Ledger has officially gotten his nickname: PEANUT! We call him this for 2 reasons. 1) He somewhat resembles Jeff Dunham's purple ventriloquist puppet (pictured at the right) with a little tuft of hair on top and a very round belly. 2) When he's just waking up from sleeping, he curls up his legs really tight and looks like a little peanut. It's adorable. :)
- Our very helpful family consultant came by this week and encouraged us to work with Ledger to develop purposeful movement. Meaning, he needs to learn how to reach out for something with the intention of grabbing it. We put Ledger in his bouncy chair today and he loved learning to touch the animals to get it to light up. We've loaded a video of it online because it's so freakin' cute! You can see in the video how hard he is concentrating and how fascinated he is with the lights and sounds.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Our little boy sure has gotten big. He is 2 1/2 months old now and he has changed a lot over the past few weeks. It is easy for us to forget to mention all of his little milestones, so here is a brief recap of what Ledger has been up to: