Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sleepy Baby


The first thing everyone asks about Ledger is: "Is he sleeping through the night yet?" As it turns out, this is a really hard question to answer! Our bed time routine is going really well, so usually Ledger is in bed by 8 or 8:30pm. He usually sleeps really well until 12:30am or so. Then I feed him when he wakes up. He will then go right back to sleep and sleep until 5am-ish. Sooo... he's sleeping 4 or 5 hours at a time -- which is definitely better than getting up every 2 hours!!

So, I guess the short answer is NO, he's not sleeping through the night. BUT, he's doing really well. And, although I'm pretty out of it for his midnight feedings, I actually like being "mommy" during the night -- the one that soothes and comforts and puts the baby back to sleep. It makes me feel needed and, honestly, there is NOTHING sweeter than my baby's sleeping face.

1 comment:

  1. I love night times too. Breastfeed babies rarely sleep through the night because breastmilk burns faster than formula fillers. So 4-5 hours at 3 months is AWSOME! My boys did not really sleep through the night until 6 months old and started eating real food too. Night times are my cuddle times. I still love it.

    ReplyDelete