Today is Ledger's half birthday -- he is 6 months old!! We can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone!
Ledger weighs 17 pounds and 3.5 ounces and is 26 inches long. These measurements put him in the 50th percentile, which means that he is right on track for his age. He is wearing 6-9 month footie pajamas and just getting into 6-9 month clothes. He is wearing size 3 diapers.
In the last month:
- Ledger has cut 2 teeth -- his bottom front teeth
- Ledger can sit up on his own. He often will go from sitting to laying on his belly then roll over onto his back.
- We are occasionally eating baby foods and getting used to the different textures and tastes that solid foods bring with them.
- Ledger is great with his hands and can pick items up, switch hands, and even throw things already. His fine motor control is continuing to develop and he can use his thumb and forefinger to pick up small items.
- Ledger has grown a lot of hair that is laying flat on his head. It's hard to see in pictures because it's so fair... but believe me, he has hair!
- Ledger is laughing a lot more now and still smiles all the time.
- Ledger goes down pretty easily for naps and bedtime but is still waking up 2-3 times overnight to nurse. He does very well on his current routine.