So tonight, I actually roasted the pumpkin seeds and I promised my top-secret recipe. So, as promised, here is my pumpkin seed recipe. If you don't like butter and salt, you should just cease and desist right now!
1. Separate the pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin pulp. I like to do this manually. Nothing better than getting your hands in the pumpkin slop! :)
2. Wash the pumpkin seeds in hot water. I usually just fill a bowl with hot water and float the seeds in it. Then I stir it with my hands to remove extra pulp. When seeds are washed, drain the water.
4. Melt 1-2 sticks of butter in the microwave in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
5. Pour washed seeds into melted butter. All seeds should be covered.
6. Use cooking spray to coat cookie sheets. Put a layer of popcorn salt on the greased cookie sheet.
7. Using a slotted spoon, remove seeds from butter and lay them flat on the cookie sheet. Lightly salt the layer of pumpkin seeds.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes. WATCH THE SEEDS -- they burn easily!
9. Remove from oven when seeds are light brown. Salt lightly. ENJOY!!